Leigha and the Triplets

Friday, July 14, 2006

New things!

Well, the food issue with this trio has been frustrating to say the least. Matthew will not tolerate anything thicker than Stage 2 baby food. If you put anything with texture on his tongue, he spits it out. If you accidentally gave him Robert and Noah's bite of stage 3 (would I do that!?) he proceeds to gag and throw up. I did catch on that he was gagging on some veggies just so I would stop feeding them to him. That doesn't work, Mom finally caught on!

On Wednesday night we went down to the strip to visit an old friend who is in town. Joanne had us over to her hotel/suite for dinner and play. It worked out perfectly, there wasn't much for the boys to get in to. They had a blast. I think the glass diningroom table was perfect for keeping boys confused and busy. Robert kept trying to grab things through the table! When I started eating my salad, two hungry boys came up to me and started eating my cheese and even some meat! Needless to say, I was thrilled!

Tonight I decided to go for it and dumped some peas onto Robert and Noah's trays. They just started gobbling them up. I am so relieved. I am so sick of going through 15 jars of baby food a day. Now, for anyone who knows me well, I had to laugh when my pediatrician told me to just grind up whatever I was eating for Matthew. Does anyone else see a problem with this? Does a diet, consisting of candy, diet coke, bread, and fig newtons, sound good for babies? Ok, so I will try to feed my kids healthier at least. Please don't expect miracles from Mom. Baby steps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

The Hopeful Elephant said...

This is hilarious! I wanted to read all about your kids so I could get caught up!! Anyway, your diet sounds just like mine! And mine STILL doesn't eat! Ahh the joys....