Leigha and the Triplets

Monday, November 20, 2006

Donuts with Dad! Muffins with Mom!

Our school has a morning where Dads can come have donuts with their kids. This is not as easy as it sounds. We had Leigha rezoned so that she could attend my school. I drive her there in the morning and run her home during my lunch break. Noe is home with the boys during the day. The only way we could get Noe to school was to bring all four kids! I got a taste of how difficult it is to get 4 kids ready for school. I did it, but I can't say that it was easy. I pulled the boys around in their Choo Choo Wagon, while Leigha and Noe enjoyed a donut and juice. Leigha loved it!



You would think that Muffins with Mom would be a lot easier, since I teach at the school and we are both there in the morning alreay. Hmmmm...nope! Unfortunately, my principal decided that would be a good morning to hold a staff meeting. I totally missed the event with Leigha. I was irritated, mad, angry, etc. I snuck down to see Leigha on my prep period and asked her teacher if it was okay if I took a picture with her. I even made a comment about how it was probably worse on me than her. I was wrong. I guess Leigha was upset because the other girls were coming in with carnations. They were being handed out during the breakfast. Thank God I was given two by one of the PTA ladies outside. I ran back, grabbed the two carnations, and headed back to surprise Leigha. Needless to say, she loved the interruption! I even swiped some extra donuts so that we could sit down, after the boys went to sleep, and have donuts together. She loved the idea!

No comments: