Leigha and the Triplets

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Parents vs. Kids

Just which group of people doesn't understand how it is supposed to work?

From birth, parents are always freaking out when their baby isn't doing the same things that other babies their age are doing. Why isn't he rolling over? Why isn't she sitting up? Why isn't he crawling? Why isn't he standing? Why isn't she walking? Why aren't they TALKING!? Did I do something wrong? Is there something wrong with them? Am I not exposing them to opportunities enough? Am I too clingy?

Oh yeah! They are walking and talking! Dangit, they are into everything. Can you please stop talking already? Just sit down and be quiet, please. Didn't you hear me? Stay out of there. Hey, get back here. Don't walk away from me. Stay in our yard.

Do kids not understand how it's supposed to work? They are supposed to do it, to allow us to know they can do it. THEN STOP DOING IT! I didn't ask for opinions, or did I? First-time parents learn. Second-time parents, they are almost as bad. It's a vicious cycle...you want them to learn, prove it, then STOP it.

No comments: