Leigha and the Triplets

Monday, April 16, 2007

Where has the time gone?

I have been so bad about updating my blog for a week. I have been so busy that I just haven't had time to take pictures, or come up with something more interesting than the Peter Potty! There are so many things I want to do, but I get so overwhelmed that I end up not doing any of them!

This past week, one of my friends has been in the hospital with one of her triplets. He is 15 months old and he developed pneumonia as a side effect of the Whooping Cough. The other two are sick also, but the little boy started out with lung problems. It is all too familiar to me. I spent about 10 hours visiting her this weekend. It was like getting together with an old friend. I have learned more about her this weekend, than I knew about her in the entire time I have "known" her. I would go into details, but that would need an entire entry just for her! It was so odd sitting in that hospital room, watching monitors, and talking about how to care for a baby on oxygen at home. I know that feeling, all too well. I don't want to remember that, and more importantly, I don't ever want to experience it again. I have put off MRIs on Matthew because I don't want him to have to be sedated yet. Thankfully, her son was discharged today!

There are so many things on my "I want to do, when I have time" list. Unfortunately, there is never time. Here are just a few of the things: Update my blog daily, catch up in my photo albums (I am up to January OF THIS YEAR!), update my family picture website (I think I stopped toward the beginning of February), really dig into the digital scrap booking (I have stuff ready to go, just need to figure out how to be creative), and finally, scan all of my old pictures into my computer! That is the task that haunts me the most, it will take forever!

The earliest digital pictures that I have are from early in 2003. Leigha was 2 years old! I started flipping through the pictures and I can't believe how cute she was (and still is!). I also can't believe how much her brothers look like her.

Leigha (April of 2003)




Leigha (2.5 years old)



I just can't believe that my little girl is 6 years old!

1 comment:

The Amazing Trips said...

Oh my gosh - that last picture of her is priceless ... she is so adorable!! The huge cheeks, dimples & big blue eyes - what a heart breaker!!!

I'm glad your friend's baby is doing better, that's so scary.

I wouldn't feel too badly about being a few months behind on your photo album. Our wedding album still isn't completed and we'll be married 13 years in August!!! And, I don't even HAVE a photo album for our kids. The blog ... that's IT!!!!