Leigha and the Triplets

Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome Home!

When Noe left for Japan, his contract was for 18 months with the idea that he could return earlier if something opened up for him in Vegas. At one point they told him to hold off buying his ticket to come visit for our 10 year anniversary and Christmas because they might send him home for good then. However, that turned out to be a tease. Nothing like short notice for buying a ticket during one of the heaviest traveling periods all year!

Thankfully, we were able to fly Noe home on December 19 and have him stay one full week. The kids knew that Dad was coming home, I just never got very specific about when. I kept telling Leigha he would be home in time for Christmas. At one point I had to lie to Leigha because she asked when he was coming home when she saw me cleaning out specific parts of the house! BUSTED!

December 19th was the last day that we had school. Noe was due in around lunch time so I asked Noe is he would mind surprising Leigha at school and then volunteering in her classroom for the afternoon festivities. Of course he was was in Japan at the time and not sleep deprived. He was all for it! I went into Leigha's classroom to get posed to take a picture of Leigha's face when she saw her father, but it didn't quite work out the way I had expected. When she saw me with the camera, she started acting silly and pretending to not want her picture taken.

Then she finally caught a glimpse of him at the door!

I think you can see the excitement in her face! I just might be forgiven for lying to her the day before.

Noe was doing fine until Leigha went to her special. He came to my room during that period, but we were watching Polar Express. Needless to say the fatigue set in and he started falling asleep. He asked me for the keys so he could go home, but being the mean wife that I am, I wasn't letting him go home until I could be there to see the boys' reactions! I think he was regretting the whole idea of spending three hours at my school.

When we finally got home, I went in the house first to get the boys over by the door. I told them I had a surprise for them. They were all lined up, but once they saw who walked through the door Noah and Robert took off. They love to play that shy act when they haven't seen someone for awhile. It didn't take long for them to run over for a hug and then show Daddy all of their toys!

Noe then passed out from exhaustion!

No comments: