Leigha and the Triplets

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Do My Eyes Deceive Me?

It sure was nice to get Matthew and Noah back home! The boys were still sick, but they had all the comforts of home. I did get a bit scared that Noah and Matthew would never play together again. They wanted NOTHING to do with each other and they were quite jealous of each other. If one was sitting on my lap, the other one wanted to push him off. Thankfully, that only lasted a few days!

My mom was shocked at my cats. Rocky has always been the cat that would run off and have nothing to do with guests. Smokey is the type of cat that would jump on your lap and purr, even if that person was holding a gun to my head. Not anymore! Rocky was all over Noah. Rocky was just making up for some lost time with Noah.



On Monday, my mom came to the school to pick up Leigha. Since Nicole was watching the boys, she got a chance to take Leigha out alone. When she arrived, she told me she had some pictures for me to see. I didn't like the way she was smiling at me. I had a feeling this couldn't be good! I begged for a hint, but it wasn't happening. When I walked in the door, she proudly handed me the camera. Do my eyes deceive me?

Noah




Robert


Matthew


If they hadn't taken pictures, I would NEVER have believed this! Breathing treatments are never a joyous time, and sometimes it's the exact opposite. We usually do blow-bys, but my doctor had sent Noe home with the masks. Thankfully, this was not just a one time event, they gave themselves their breathing treatments that night, too!

Monday night was my mom's last night with us. It was time to pull out the Dance Dance Revolution! The kids LOVE to "dance!" The DDR was what helped teach my boys to take turns, it will always have a soft spot in my heart for that alone.

Noah and Matthew finally shared with each other!


Robert


Matthew was multi-talented. He could play by moving his foot around, while on his knees.


He also likes to stand up and barely hold on to your fingers.



Noah is the one who is the most coordinated. He will try jumping with both feet to the side and front and back when told to. His only problem is that his legs are too short to reach!


Saying goodbye to my mom was HARD! She definitely saved me last week. Noe left for Japan at 7 a.m. Nicole was killed by my kids and was off for at least the rest of the week. I still had two kids in the hospital, one kid at school, and one kid at home. Can you do the math? My mom was here by 11 a.m. We all miss her very much!

Leigha and Grandma


Noahn and Grandma


Grandma wasn't having much luck distracting Matthew from the remote control!


Robert and Grandma


My hero, my mom!


Finally, I need to see it with my own eyes to fully believe it. The boys were hyper as ever, but quickly calmed down long enough to give themselves their breathing treatments. Thanks Mom!


I hope this means I will never have to give another breathing treatment again (highly doubt it)!

3 comments:

Kei said...

I love the pictures! And what a great achievement on the breathing treatments! I am so glad your mom could be there to help you!

Tweejy said...

Too cute! Who wouldn't want to have a breathing treatment with those cute masks. WTG Grandma and boys!
I love your fat cat, oh my!
I hope things continue to go well for your family!

loren said...

Isn't it great when someone else swoops in and solves your problems? I tried to get my mom to potty train the girls, but so far it hasn't worked!

I thought about buying DDR (for me) and it never dawned on me that the kids might like it! Thanks for the idea :)