Leigha and the Triplets

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday, Leigha!

On February 16 (I know, I know) Leigha turned 8 years old! It's funny to hear her say that she hasn't done certain things since she was 7, like it was so long ago. Leigha's birthday fell on President's Day, so we had the day off! I had my nanny at home with the boys, so Leigha and I made it a girls day out.

The first thing on our agenda was lunch. She chose her favorite restaurant, one which she visited too frequently with her father, Green Valley Ranch buffet. We found out, the hard way, that it was quite busy on holidays. The line was long, but Leigha was definitely happy to be there!



After lunch we headed for the mall. Leigha received a coupon for $12 off of an animal at Build-a-Bear. In addition to the coupon, she had $20 of her own money to spend, too. After much deliberation, I have to admit she made a great choice.



Just like last year, Leigha wanted an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. I have to admit, that's my favorite cake, too. Her birthday party was the following weekend, so we didn't need a larger one. I had stopped in the day before to order the cake and the smallest one they had was my favorite ice cream. Instead of the regular rectangular cake, they had a chocolate fudge roll cake with Chocolate Mint Chip ice cream. We stopped by after shopping and picked up the finished product.



The boys really understand birthday parties now. They knew they were about to get cake, and were thrilled that it was Leigha's birthday.



Happy 8th Birthday, Leigha!

2 comments:

mpannek said...

Happy Belated birthday Leigha!!! Such a pretty little girl! :)

Tiffany B. said...

She's beautiful, Cathy!!!