Leigha and the Triplets

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Miracles Do Happen!

As I have said previously, I hate the rest stops until you hit the more central/eastern part of the United States. I did remember that we had seen a gorgeous rest stop last year and we made a note of it on our map. We decided that we would stop there and let the kids play for awhile.

The kids played on the playground equipment for at least a half hour. My mom and I took turns taking the kids for restroom breaks while the others played their hearts out. We were hoping this would wear them out for awhile.



This was the first time I had seen Robert and Noah climb up the bars!


Matthew just ran back and forth at the top of the equipment, and then finally started coming down the slide.


Leigha had a great time, too, but she kept playing shy with my pictures. I thought about posting the one of her butt, but I thought I would give her a break this time! I wish there were more rest areas like this one. It would even be better if there were restaurants there, too!

We stayed just outside of Little Rock, AR that night, and then we made it to Asheville the following evening. I am really impressed with how well my kids do on long drives. They are so much better than their father!!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I see a beautiful Texas flag in the back ground! Where on I-40 is this? We travel that interstate on the way to visit family.

Pam said...

Me, I'm just impressed that you made it from LITTLE ROCK, ALASKA to Asheville in one day! ;-)