Leigha and the Triplets

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Out of My Mind

On Saturday (remember, this is back in June) we decided to take the kids to a waterfall. That sounds like a great idea with my kids, right? The one I really wanted to go to was still closed (for the third time in a row). This one was not too far from my parents' house, and you can get in the water and swim at the bottom. Great idea, right?



I used to consider myself semi-smart. I could remember things that most people could not. However, most of my brain cells have really been depleted since I had my boys. As long as I have a few left, my boys will be safe and alive. I am not totally out of my mind. This was as close to that waterfall as they were going to get this time.



The boys were not happy with my decision to make them stand there and watch. They kept asking (ok, begging) to go down there with the others. I did not wear a bathing suit. I had no way to keep a tight grip on all three of them. Did I mention that my kids do not know how to swim? Or that there are tons of slippery rocks down there? I bet they wonder why Leigha gets to do so many things they can't.



I wonder if they realize that Marcus was the same age as them. In my defense, my children outnumber me. That's the excuse I will stick to for awhile longer. Lee swam all the way to the bottom of the waterfall. At that same time my mother turned a lovely shade of white and grey. Guess it doesn't matter how old your kids are, they are always going to scare you to death!

No comments: