Leigha and the Triplets

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Let the FUN (and Pain) Begin!

September 6, 2009

After the race, we all came back to the hotel and had brunch. It was then time to hit the hot tub! Leigha was playing with Alexee in the pool, so I wasn't being rushed to get ready. After a quick shower, we were off to Disneyland with the Johnsons. You would think that the park would be packed, considering it was a holiday weekend. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of people there. I guess when you have 18,000 people there for a race, there is not a lot of room for other people. Plus, the runners who do not have kids probably avoided the park afterwards (I know I wanted to).



It's been a long time since I have been on rides with Leigha (her sisters took her in Japan). When we got in the cars, I felt a little nauseous thinking about her turning 16. Stay on the streets, she will be on the sidewalks!



We went on a bunch of roller coasters, rides, and walked through the area of the future. WAY too much walking for me, although it was fun to pick out all the runners. They were the ones grabbing on to the railings for dear life, as they climbed and descended the stairs.

We eventually headed over to California Adventure. I never realized they were literally attached to each other.





We stayed until after dark and then headed back to the hotel. It was a great (and tiring) day, and the perfect way to end a fabulous weekend!

No comments: