Leigha and the Triplets

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Krispy Kremes

A few years back, Crista and Pam came into town. I seem to remember that the devil (aka Crista) was offering Krispy Kreme donuts to my daughter. She was only 2 years old at the time. I about freaked. My daughter, who was spoonfed messy meals until she was probably 3, was handed a donut that was sticky, gooey, and falling all over the floor. Crista just laughed at me.

We went to visit Pam and Cici a year later. I found my daughter in her back yard playing in the DIRT! I cringed. The idea of her having dirt all over her clothes, in her nails, hair, etc. freaked me out. However, I let her continue (hoping Pam would give her a bath.)

Then everyone found out I was having three boys. I think this gave them great joy and a lot of laughs. People started making comments about me letting them get dirty. Well, I am making baby steps. I put the pasta, reluctantly at first, right down in front of them and let them feed themselves. THIS IS HUGE! I still cringe when I see the hand go to the hair. Maybe it's because I have no desire to bathe them all nightly.

I still have a long way to go, as I see Michelle's kids IN the dirt, eating dirt, etc. I will never be able to do that without having a panic attack. Either that, or I can drop them off and ask that they be returned clean. How about that Michelle, you up for that?

Here is proof that I am getting better, baby steps remember. At least Matthew stays clean since he won't eat anything other than stage 2 baby food.

1 comment:

Michele S said...

Austin doesn't even wear a bib. That way the dirt sticks to all the gooey parts. Drop of here. I'll send them home clean. I SWEAR!