Leigha and the Triplets

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday, Robert, Noah, and Matthew!

I still have a hard time believing that my boys are now 2 years old! Their first birthday didn't shock me so much. It was a rough year and I was just happy to make it to the birthday in one piece. What happened to this year? I don't know where the time went. I don't think I should be referring to them as babies anymore.

They have come so far! Robert was born at 5:51 a.m. weighing 2 lbs 2oz. Easter morning. I was 27 weeks and 1 day pregnant. He decided it was time to make his great escape! I didn't even make it to a c-section!


Robert is currently weighing in around 25 lbs. He is my most active one. He knows when he has done something wrong, because he will come up to me, bend over, and kiss me. Then he walks away and goes straight back to what he was doing before! Robert loves to back up into my lap. He's not a big snuggler, but he likes to sit on my lap. I love the way he smiles and his eyes light up!


Matthew decided to throw off the whole a,b,c order and he cut in line. Matthew was originally my Baby C, but he was born "b" at 6:02 a.m. weighing 1 lb 14 oz. He was about the length of a ruler. Matthew is my true miracle baby! His water broke at 12 weeks and we were told he would most likely not make it. He barely had any fluid for the rest of my pregnancy. He had other plans!



Matthew is now weighing in around 26-27 lbs! He is no longer my smallest one. Matthew has just recently started doing the army crawl. If he wants something, he will crawl to it. His main mode of transportation is his scooter. I have never seen a kid manuever it as well as he can. It gives him great opportunities to play on the same level as his brothers! He is getting closer to being able to sit up on his own.

Matthew is our happy boy! He is full of smiles!


Noah was our big boy, and still is. Noah and Matthew are identical, however they do look different due to Matthew's positioning. He was also the little piggy. We were warned, early on, that Twin to Twin Transfusion was something we might have to worry about. It's where one twin "steals" more nutrients, etc. from the other one. Noah was born weighing 2 lbs 9 oz.


Noah is weighing in around 30lbs! I remember telling someone that he was a preemie and they asked me if it was by 1 day! You would NEVER know he was born so early. He is anything but small! He is my big cuddler. He loves to come up and put his head on your shoulder. His smile will melt your heart. Noah has a great heart.



All of the boys are speaking a foreign language. Maybe, some day, I will actually understand what they are saying! I am not holding my breath. However, my boys are addicted to Signing Time! Noah is my biggest signer. He has a huge vocabulary of signs. Matthew's favorite signs are shoes and hat. Robert loves to sign hat when he is eating the messiest dinner ever. He just loves to watch me freak out!

We had a small littler birthday celebration tonight. Their actual birthday party in on Saturday. My aunt (Aunt Bobbie) brought over some chocolate covered creme puffs. We lined up the boys and let them snack on those. Robert is just like me. He couldn't get enough of the junk food. Noah is more like his Dad. He didn't want to have anything to do with the dessert at all. Matthew was just going to dig in to the whip cream!




I wonder how long it will take for it to sink in that my "babies" are two?!

6 comments:

laraine said...

Happy Birthday to Robert, Matthew and Noah!!! I love your 'then' and 'now' photos. The smiles in the recent ones are just great.

Isn't it just amazing how fast the time goes? Just yesterday Charlie was asking me how old he was going to be on his birthday. I couldn't believe I was saying 'four'.

Anonymous said...

Wow, they've come so far! They all look so healthy and happy. Congrats on getting through the first 2 years. Happy Birthday, boys!

Peace,
Karen

The Amazing Trips said...

Happy Birthday Boys!!!

It is incredible to look back and see how far they've come in such a short period of time. They are beautiful!

Good luck with "The 2's"!

Casey's trio said...

Happy birthday to your boys! I found your blog through "amazing trips" and had to stop and say hello. I have 19 month old triplet girls who were born at 25.1 weeks! I look forward to visiting your blog again:)

Casey in CA

Lynne said...

Happy Birthday to your trio! I have 18 month old 29-week triplets. I've been checking your blog when I get the change. You're on my multiples blogroll.

The Brookharts said...

I love your blog and all the great pics. I have BBB triplets born on Easter Sunday last year!! I'm so sad that in less than 2 weeks they'll be one. You have a darling family.