Leigha and the Triplets

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Old and New Friends

I went through a stressful few days when I didn't know who I was going to get to watch the boys. Thankfully, I only had to take one day off before our Spring Break started. On Saturday I had someone lined up to come over on Monday to meet our family. I was hopeful.

What is the best way to get my mind off of the stress in my life? I got to see some old friends and meet a new one! Sharon had her baby (Josilyn)on February 8, but I hadn't had a chance to meet her yet. I am very conscious about being around babies when either the kids or I am sick. There has been this hideous illness taking it's path throughout my classroom and I didn't want to take any chances.

The time had come- Sharon brought Josilyn over to meet us, but she didn't come alone. Sharon and I grew up skating together in Chicago. There were a few of us that moved here to Vegas. As people get older, people tend to go their own directions in life. I haven't seen Jean in probably 5 years or more. Sadly, I hadn't seen her mother, Naomi, even longer. They were in town and they wanted to come over and see me and meet my children. It was nice catching up with them.

Leigha LOVED holding Josilyn.



Fortunately, Leigha was smart enough NOT to ask for a baby sister. It's just not going to happen in this lifetime! Leigha will just have to settle for playing with other people's babies.

Leigha, Sharon, and Josilyn


I was amazed to see Naomi. I have known Naomi for over 20 years and I have NEVER seen her with anything other than SHORT, SHORT hair!

Matthew, Jean, Noah, Naomi, Robert, and Leigha


Goodbye, Josilyn- it was great meeting you!


Jean, Sharon, and I have known each other for over 20 years. I wonder where we will be in another 20 years.

No comments: