Leigha and the Triplets

Saturday, December 06, 2008

What Was I Thinking?

On Saturday, November 8, I did something that I would never have believed that I would do. I packed up my kids and took them to a Lowe's Workshop. It was a crazy idea for me to do by myself, but I guess I was feeling a bit gutsy that week. I have known about these workshops forever, but hearing someone tell me that they would be building semi trucks--that pushed me over the edge. Thankfully, I received a call from my Aunt a day or two before the workshop. When she heard what we were doing, she offered to join us. It caught me off guard, that meant that they didn't think I was crazy!

We made our way through the store and to the workshop area. I loved how it was set up. After I filled out the permission slips (a.k.a we won't sue you slips), each of the kids received an apron, goggles, kit, and a hammer. A hammer--remind me again what I was thinking?



Matthew and my uncle got right to work. They worked well as a team! The two of them just kept moving through the process without a blink of an eye. Matthew was lucky to be working with an engineer!





Noah had a slow start to his truck, but once he stopped lounging around he became very serious about his work!





Unfortunately, Leigha was stuck working with her mother. I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to certain things. Instead of letting her smash fingers, nails, etc., I was helping her make hers. Helping is putting it mildly. I am sorry Leigh!



Eventually I lightened up a little and let her do more of the nailing herself. I was still pretty stressed thinking about the possibility of some smashed fingers, or worse yet, some bent nails (YIKES!).





I think the kids were pretty proud of themselves. Matthew was the first to complete his project!



Leigha came in a close second! She put all of her stickers on herself. Note to self--make sure all dust has been wiped off, after sanding, before putting on stickers.



Matthew started running around the place like he worked there. He was up and down the aisle so fast, I was amazed. I wasn't as amazed when the boys knocked over a very tall door. Thankfully, no one was in it's path. They shouldn't have had a large door leaning on a shelf when there were children around. Didn't they get the memo that my destructo boys would be there?



In the end I think they all had a good time, including the adults. I am not sure what I would have done if Aunt Bobbie and Uncle Jerry hadn't joined us there. I guess I will just wait and see how long it takes me to go back again!





What better way to end the perfect morning? McDonald's play land, of course! The kids were stunned when we pulled up to McDonald's and parked the car. Let's just say that I never really go in McDonald's! Drive-thrus and more my style. They had a great time climbing up the equipment!



4 comments:

Jessica Engh said...

The kids looked liked they had a great time at Lowe's! I will actually be taking my Girl Scout troop there this coming Saturday (to make gingerbread houses). Would you go there again? I've not ever been so I hope the girls enjoy it.

Cathy said...

Yes! We will be heading there this weekend for the gingerbread houses, too! I found out that it's not important to race there when it first starts, or you might not have a table to sit at. We will casually head over there a little while after it starts.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. I'll have to remember that when my kids get older!

Jennifer
Triplet Mom in MN

the moms at babysteals said...

So cute! The boys look like they had a great time!

I might have to venture over there for the gingerbread houses.