Leigha and the Triplets

Monday, January 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

On Christmas Eve, when we got home from seeing the lights, the kids did not fight us too much about going to bed. I loved that they were ALL excited this year. This is the first time the boys really understand.

Santa was very good to us this year! I was fortunate enough to get a sneak peek after Santa left our house. I knew the kids wouldn't be disappointed!



Unfortunately, my children woke up way before I wanted to. The boys were thrilled with climbing into bed with Noe and me, but Leigha was just not going to sit idly by and let stockings and presents go unopened. Eventually I tried to remember back to my own childhood and decided I couldn't torment her any longer. I told them that they could get their stockings first, but then Noe and I needed a few minutes before we were ready to open presents.





It was both fun and shocking to watch them go through their stockings. The second Noah saw a Wii game, he dropped the rest of his stocking and wanted to go play the Wii. As I have said previously, he's turning into a game junkie. Robert is definitely my child. He could liked the video games, but he went straight for the candy. What a proud mommy moment, or was it?


Matthew was just excited about everything. He went through his stocking, but then he just wanted to get to the tree. He wasn't going to wait around for Leigha!



Leigha loved her present from Santa. Two years ago, we bought Noe a new camera for Christmas. This meant that Leigha inherited his old camera. It was a Nikon Coolpix 2.0 mp that I had gotten from one of the cigarette companies. I used to collect and trade for upcs and send them in for stereos, cameras, etc. Since then she has taken a ton of pictures, but was highly frustrated with the battery compartment that wouldn't stay closed and the lack of sound in the videos. The HORROR! A seven year old had an old digital camera. What kind of parent am I that would allow that? Never fear, she now has a camera that is nicer than her dad's! I did warn her, in just the nick of time, NOT to let her dad talk her into trading cameras. I knew he would try, and he never let me down! She took great pride and joy in letting him know, and everyone who called, that her camera was better than his!



The kids had a blast opening presents. It was really neat to see the difference a year made. Noah and Matthew were pretty content with playing with each toy as they opened it. Robert, on the other hand, tried to open every single present under the tree. I had to slow him down and explain that some of the presents were for his cousins when they came over. That disappointed him at first, but he loved playing with all of his goodies, too!





Last year I received a ton of grief from my mother. It seems that she didn't think it was appropriate to have the boys dressed in brown camouflage on Christmas morning. A lot of my friends by cute little holiday pajamas for their kids, but I never think about it soon enough. This year I wanted to avoid the lectures, so I ordered matching pajamas for all four kids. I hope that my mom approves, and if she doesn't, I will dress them up as gangsters next year!

I think the kids really loved having their dad home for Christmas. He brought us all an outfit from Japan. Leigha's was absolutely beautiful.



My brother-in-law and his family come over for Christmas every year. We usually have a non-traditional (and that's putting it lightly) meal of barbecue, with the normal staples of green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. It also wouldn't be Christmas without the Christmas Story being on for 24 hours straight!



After they left, the boys were back to playing. I'm not sure I ever brushed their hair or got them dressed that day. I just had to make sure that all of their pictures were taken in cute pajamas, because that's all that matters, right?



I also found out that it was very dangerous to hand Leigha a digital camera that takes video with sound. I will have to make sure that I look through them all and dispose of some of them properly. I finally told her that she has to make people aware that they are GOING to be filmed. She popped up EVERYWHERE!

No comments: