Leigha and the Triplets

Monday, April 13, 2009

An Easter to Remember

I had a really hard time getting into the Easter spirit this year. Saturday really helped get me to where I needed to be. The kids' pictures turned out great and they really loved dying the eggs.

I think everyone was up at some point that night. First, Leigha came in bawling because she couldn't stop picturing this scary commercial on the Cartoon Network. Seriously, I had no patience for that. When she gets into one of her crying fits, there is nothing I can say or do to make her feel better. That is, other than let her stay up on the couch and watch TV. Noah met me at the stairs a few hours later. This makes Easter preperations quite difficult.

Unfortunately, my kids think that morning starts automatically when the sun rises. I was able to hold them off until 7 a.m., but by then they were all up and anxious to see if the Easter bunny had been here.



After teasing them for a moment, with the camera, I opened up the gate and they took off! Leigha knew where to run, and Robert and Noah followed. I don't think Matthew was as fully awake and functional yet. He's my kid that loves to sleep in.



The kids loved going through their baskets. Everything was perfect for them. I couldn't help but smile as I watched the pure joy in their faces and voices as they discovered the different goodies in their baskets. Robert is my Star Wars guy. I think he was rather pleased to see a Star Wars Leapster game in his basket, don't you think?



They even got excited for each other! Although, when one gets a gift, they know it's for all of them really. Matthew received a Leapster Wall-E game. Noah found a Leapster Pets game in his basket, too. So three new Leapster games to keep them occupied. Thank you Easter Bunny, this summer's cross-country trip seems to be getting better and better.



Leigha received two things that she has been dying for. First, she had asked Santa for Blendy Pens, but she didn't receive them. I haven't heard about them for awhile now, but the look on her face when she realized what they were was priceless. She also had Super Mario Brothers Nintendo DS game in her basket. That is the game her friend has that she has wanted really bad. Personally, I thank the Easter Bunny because that is a game that I remember playing on my friend's Nintendo when I was a kid. I might just have to steal her DS and play a bit (in my free time).

After the kids shoved as much candy in their mouths, before I could stop them, we started the egg hunt. The Easter Bunny hid 20 eggs in the room, and it was time to find them ALL.





Leigha was lucky this year, the boys gave up after they found a few eggs each. They had Leapster games on their mind. She had the task of making sure all eggs were accounted for. It seems we might be in the minority. I have been told that hiding real eggs in the house is not normal. All I know is that the Easter Bunny hid our real eggs in our house. I am not sure if this is because Easter can still be cold out in Chicago or what, but it's what I am used to. Once the eggs were found, I lost all four kids to their new video games.



As if Easter wasn't fun and exciting, Leigha decided she needed up the level of excitiement. For the first time ever, Leigha rode a bike! Unfortunately, she hasn't had a lot of time outside with her bike. I didn't feel comfortable letting her ride her bike without supervision, and it's hard to have all of the kids in the front. Imagine the animal cages being opened at the zoo. That's what it looks like when the boys have freedom out front. (Notice that they took off in different directions.)



Now Leigha is on her own and loving it!

No comments: