Leigha and the Triplets

Monday, April 27, 2009

Why It's Grease Lightning!

On Friday, April 17, my school hosted a Sock Hop/Carnival. Now I have been known to dress my boys in the same shirts (especially when I get them for $1.50 each), but this evening was on a whole new level. Our school sold shirts for the event. The girls were "Pink Ladies" and the boys were "T-Birds." Let me say, it was a lot harder keeping up with them than usual. Oh wait, I mean it was a lot harder for my AUNT to keep up with them.

One of the frustrating parts of being a teacher and a parent is that I am responsible for doing things during these events. However, I don't want my kids to lose out because of that. Thankfully, my aunt is a saint. She never hesitates to join me on these adventures, even when I basically leave her on her own for long periods of time!

Leigha was the first one of the crew to jump up and start dancing. She was shy at first, but she jumped in and had fun. Aunt Bobbie, Robert, and Matthew joined in on the fun. I couldn't get my shy boy, Noah, to remove himself from the bench he planted himself on.



What sock hop is complete without it's own little retro table and back drop? Only one problem, three cameras were going off in different directions and I think it confused everyone.



After dancing, and eating, came the hula hoop contests. Leigha couldn't wait to get a turn. Her hula hoop broke long ago and I know that she hasn't had a lot of practice. She was doing a pretty good job!



After a whole lot of dancing and playing, we took the boys out to the playground area to let the kids play for awhile. It's a lot easier to keep track of them when they aren't surrounded by 40 other kids in the same t-shirt!



I hope this picture isn't foreshadowing anything for Matthew!



The kids played around with my aunt while I ran back and helped out more with our cake walk. By the time we all got back together again, the kids wanted ice cream. How perfect, I could buy them all Dilly Bars and then run away and leave my aunt to clean up their mess. I couldn't have planned that any better!



For me, it was a long and exhausting day. However, it was worth it watching the kids have a great time.

No comments: