Leigha and the Triplets

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Off to the Races!

July 4, 2009

It was nice to have everyone feeling great again! Leigha had seen that there would be miniature horse races that weekend, so she asked if we could go. We saved it for Saturday. This was not like any horse show I had ever been to. I had a hard time looking at these serious people, dressed to go to a wedding or prom, being driven around by these little horses.



I think the boys were excited to see a horse that was their size! After watching a few races, the kids were all restless. We decided to take a walk around the stables and see if there were any other horses to see.



Leigha





Later that night, I got the work out of my life. My mom and I took the kids to see the fireworks in Hendersonville. This is the first time we have stayed in North Carolina for the fireworks. Last year we were driving through Arkansas on the 4th. I had NO idea what we were headed to. I was pulling the wagon up a hill that was at least 30% grade. If I were walking, it wouldn't be that bad. Pulling three boys in a wagon, up a never-ending hill, was not my idea of fun. When we made it to the top, I found the first open spot to drop our stuff down. It was picnic time!



Leigha has never like the loud booms from fireworks, so she kept holding her ears. The boys got a little frightened, but overall they loved the fireworks. It was a great day!

No comments: